The Secret of the Storyteller
From the page to the stage
Featuring Paola Balbi
|Date:||5 September 2014 (Fri), 1:00pm – 3:00pm|
|Target:||Teachers & Educators, Librarians, Storytellers and Spoken Word Practitioners|
|Level:||Introductory to intermediate and general|
|Available for booking soon! Join us on Facebook for ticketing updates|
This workshop explores the techniques of performing a story. For those who have a favourite story they want to tell or perform, this workshop will guide you through the basic steps.
SUMMARY OF WORKSHOP:
This workshop will start with a session of theatre and storytelling games to get people ready to work in the space with their voices and bodies.
Using Italian folk tales, Paola Balbi will focus on storytelling techniques such as:
- How to create the images of a story
- Using these images as a story-board around which words are improvised
- The structure of a story
- Contact with the audience
- Basic body language for storytellers
What to expect:
A dynamic, practical and inspiring experience. Participants will be on their feet all the time and engaged in experimenting everything in the first person through group exercises and clear examples.
- Participants will learn practical skills that will help them to start or improve their storytelling.
- They will be taught how to master the structure of a story and create a real connection with their audience.
- They will also start to discover the potential of the use of voice and gestures in the delivery of a story.
Participants should be dressed in comfortable clothing.