Narrative and Cross-Curricular Development
Storytelling as a Communication Tool (ACS Day 2 Workshop)
Featuring Katrice Horsley
|Date:||6 September 2014 (Sat), 9:30am – 12:30pm|
|Target:||Parents & Caregivers, Teachers & Educators, Librarians, Storytellers and Spoken Word Practitioners, Social Sector Organisations like NGOs|
|Venue:||The Arts House, Living Room|
|Tickets:||S$100. Ticketing charges apply.|
This workshop highlights the research into narrative as an effective communication tool.
It will provide participants with easy to use techniques and exercises that will enhance the educational experience of pupils of all ages.
It will cover some of the latest pedagogical findings in neuro-science and narrative - explaining why these links actually work.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- This will be an experiential workshop with participants actively engaged in the exercises.
- All participants will go away able to use the exercises.
- All participants will understand why they should employ the use of narrative in education settings.
This workshop will cover:
- language development
- learning styles
- the importance of the right environment
- the sharing of a range of projects to extend the work